Thursday, March 12, 2009

Self-Assessment

1. I have made excellent progress this quarter with my information literacy growth. I have learned many new concepts and learned more on the things I already knew. This mainly includes learning about how to use the library since before this class I barely ever went there. Now I see the library for the great tool that it is, I know how to find books from the catalog and find them on the self and I know about the different sections like the periodials and reference section.

2. The few areas that I'm having trouble with on my information literacy growth are nouthing to outstanding. I understand all the main concepts of everthing; There are just a few things I need to touch base with like learning more about copyright and plagerism, so that I never commit copyright infringment or accidently plagerism.

3. The steps that I will take in the next three months to continue my growth in information literacy is to actually use the library as a tool for my classes next quater, since I have never really used it before this year other than this class. I will also work on looking for at copyright and plagerism. All in all this class opened me up to the library experience at this class and I will be sure to use the skills I learned and the library for next quarter and the rest of my time at CSU East Bay.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Remember, too, that you can always consult librarians at the reference desk, through email and chat reference, and by telephone to get help. You don't have to get stuck. They're happy to help you!

    ReplyDelete